Monday, October 7, 2013

Love to Hate Mondays, Or Hate to Love Mondays? Now that's the Question.

       
Ah Mondays how the human race despises you so. Having to go back to work after either having an amazing weekend that you probably do not remember or just being a grumpy old man and sleeping through it. One thing is for sure, no matter what you were doing, you made sure you were coherent enough to be ready for, what I like to call, the best day of the week, Football Sunday. Why it isn't a national three month holiday in this country is beyond me.

Coming into Week 5 this weekend I had no idea we would be in for such a treat and even a bit disappointed by some teams. My Pittsburgh Steelers ( Yes I am a New Yorker who's a Steelers fan, and I like to think I'm part of the team) were on their Bye week, but not even that could stop the social media world from ripping them a new one for their 0-4 start.

While we are on the subject of 0-4, I think it is safe to say the New York Giants season, is pretty much over. This isn't me being a negative Nancy, because being from New York, I really enjoy watching the Giants and I'm a fan of Eli Manning. Seeing the Giants struggle does not come to me as a surprise, this is what they do every other year and sometimes they just figure out how to make the playoffs, or even just like in 2012, win the Super Bowl. But, what history does tell us, it's that out of the 183 teams that have started 0-4, only ONE team ( 92' SanDiego Chargers) have made it to the playoffs. Sorry G-Men, looks like you'll be going for early picks this year, because numbers don't lie.


Speaking of Manning, can some please hurry up, polish up the MVP and personally hand deliver it to the door step of Peyton Manning? WOW! What a start to this season he is having and what a game he was in yesterday! 414 yards, 4 pass touchdowns, and even a vintage Tennessee rushing TD, which absolutely no one saw coming. Not even his teammates knew it was coming. Peyton Manning sir, you are a genius. You did manage to throw your first interception of the year during the game, but you won the game, so no harm done.

One of the other main reasons yesterday Broncos-Cowboys game was such a big hit was because of a surprising performance from Daddy Big Bucks himself, Tony Romo had not only a career afternoon, but a franchise one as well. Im the first one to say that I am no fan of Romo and his massive contract, but I respect an incredible performance when I see it. Tony threw for 506 yards, five dazzlingly touchdowns and SADLY just when all was going well for the Dallas Cowboys, yet again late in the fourth quarter Tony Romo throws a game changing interception which results to the game winning field goal for Denver. That's the Tony Romo we've all grown to love to hate.

With that said, please excuse me as I go back to watching my second favorite day, Monday Night Football and pray Matt Ryan gives me 36+ or my playoff hopes are over. Catch ya on the Rebound!

No comments: